CRESCOGRAPH - The Incredible Truth
PLANTS HAVE LIFE – CRESCOGRAPH
How He Proved That :
- He used his invention to prove the world that plants have life like human. His invention - the Crescograph - showed how plants move and their reproductive system works.
- · The Bose’s Crescograph has a series of clockwork gears and a smoked glass plate that record the movement of a plant's tip under a magnetic scale of 1/10000. It can record and observe plants minute responses to external stimulants. It was capable of magnifying the motion of plant tissues to about 10,000 times of their actual size and, in doing so, found many similarities between plants and other living organisms.
- · The plate catches the reflection of the plant and it was marked according to the movement of the plant. The plant was dipped in bromide, a poison. The pulse beat of the plant was shown as a light spot on the smoked plate. The spots became unsteady once the plant started to take in the poison that proves that plants have life.
- · Bose showed how plants behave differently under different environmental factors such as temperature, chemicals, electricity, gases and humidity.
- · He showed the electrical nature of conduction among several stimuli in plants, which were earlier believed to have a chemical nature.
- · Bose was the first to study the action of microwaves in plant tissues and the changes in the plant cell membrane potential.
- · Through this study, he proved that plants are sensitive to pain and affection.
Source : http://www.edsanders.com/bose/
Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose was not only a successful botanist but he had many successful contributions in other fields like wireless communications and much more.